Member of Association of
Polish Architects SARP
Member of Association of
Canadian Editorial Cartoonists ACEC
1991-Present Owner of
ATELIER KOZAK Design Firm, Toronto, Canada
- Drew illustrations for reproduction
in the following publications : The New York Times Book Review, The Wall
Street Journal, The Toronto Star, The Globe and Mail, Starweek, The Denver
Post, The Financial Post, The Progressive, Literary Review of Canada, Canadian
Forum, The Idler, Art Post, OLAM, Lukas Medical Journal, Kontakt, Gazeta,
Parallelogram, Artviews, Now, Slate, Ouest France, TT Weekly, Zwiazkowiec,
High Park Magazine, The Sacramento Bee, The Examiner, Dziennik, Currents,
- Created 12 images for a calendar 1997
commissioned by Pro Ethnomarketing, Toronto.
- Designed interiors of living spaces,
- Created graphic educational materials
for student use in Montessori schools in Toronto.
- Designed a children's playground for
Montessori school in Toronto.
1984-94 Director of
KOZAK ART GALLERY, Toronto, Canada
- Organized over 50 individual and
group art exhibitions.
- Organized an exhibition of
"Contemporary Polish Art Poster" from the collection of Janusz Gunia,Warsaw.
- Organized yearly exhibition of
illustrators contributing to The Idler literary magazine.
- Lectured on "East European Posters"
at Ryerson Polytechnic University, Toronto.
of ATELIER WOJTEK KOZAK, St Malo, France
- Designed a set of covers for a aeries
of 10 books on world economy produced by BIO 35 for Editions Futura to be
published by Euro-Futur Institute in France.
- Commissioned to design poster for
Solidarite France Polonia, Dinard, France.
- Commissioned to design and execute a
wall mural in Hotel l'Campanie, St Malo, France
1981-82 Designer for
C.T.HADDAD & ASSOCIATES, Kuwait, Kuwait
- Architectural designs for single and
multi unit residential homes, offices and commercial buildings.
- Graphic design of promotional
catalogues for manufacturers of prefabricated architectural materials.
1978-79 Designer for
BODUEN ARCHITECTS, St Malo, France
- Drafted plan, section and elevation
drawings for port warehousing and public housing.
- Created architectural perspective
drawings of residential and commercial buildings.
- Taught perceptual logic and free-hand
drawing for preparation course for entrance examination to Architecture
Department of Warsaw Polytechnic University.
- Contracted to execute detail
architectural drawings for residential complex in Warsaw.
1977-78 Member of
architectural team constructing pneumatic structures
SUPERSAM Department Store, Warsaw, Poland
- Interior design (layout), product
display design, window display and signage.
1989-92 Loan officer in
The Polish Alliance Credit Union, Toronto
- Reviewing credit and mortgage
applications. Granting loans.
1988-93 Developer of Real
- Interior design , building,
1986-89 Owner of "
- Design and production of novelties
and toys, negotiation and sale of production rights.
in a Round the World Sailing Expedition on s/y "Nasz Dom"
- Exploring and reporting from over 40
- Researched for Asia and Pacific
Ethnographic Museum, Warsaw, Poland.
1974-78 Construction of
a 35 foot yacht (Lloyd's of London approved)
- Designed, built and outfitted steel
boat for a 3 year round the world sailing expedition. Responsible for raising money to finance the
trip and equipment.
1973 A journey through 20
- Train and bus trips through Siberia,
Mongolia, China, Burma, Nepal and India.
1972 Trip through 15
- Hitch hiked through Eastern and
1994-95 George Brown
- Desktop publishing and computer
graphic design courses. Illustrator, Photoshop, Pagemaker, QuarkXpress.
1994 Centennial College,
- Business Management course. Operating
an entrepreneurial business.
Polytechnic University, Masters Degree in Architecture
- Thesis: The Development of the
Relationship Between Man, House, Builder and Architect.
- Ethnography and Geography courses.
- Photography course. Black/white still
photo, developing, 16mm film camera.
- First aid and survival courses.
- Born 1951, Warsaw, Poland.
- Father was head of Polish diplomatic
missions in Pakistan, Burma and Kuwait.
- 1961-66 attended the English Grammar
School in Karachi, Pakistan.
- Settled in Canada in 1984. Became a
Canadian citizen in 1988.
- Married with four children.